First Parish Dorchester is a spiritual home for all those who seek theological and cultural diversity, fellowship, justic and service
-- Mission Statement, adopted May 2015
Welcome to First Parish Dorchester, our Unitarian Universalist religious community. We welcome you, whoever you are, whatever tradition, gender, race, class, sexual identity, ability or age you represent. May you grow in the ways of respect, service, and wholeness. And through all your days may you know that you are loved.
To accomplish our mission we offer programs for worship, religious education, fellowship, community service, and social justice, in collaboration with private and public organizations to serve Dorchester and the larger world.
There are many ways to get involved:
- Visit on Sundays for worship celebrations at 11:00 AM (July and August worship is at 10:00 AM)
- Bring your children to observe our Religious Education Program, also on Sundays at 11:00 AM
- Stay for coffee hour after worship for refreshments and conversation
- Send us an e-mail message for more information or to make an appointment with the Minister
- Ask to receive our weekly e-mail newsletter
- "Like" and follow us on Facebook
- Attend events including concerts, dances, potlucks and community meetings
- Rehearse and sing with the choir, no experience necessary!
- Volunteer to help with coffee hour or a building and grounds service day
- Donate to the Meetinghouse Restoration Project